Normal Groups Thursday….all off-road
- 7 min Group as normal
- 8 min Group off-road with Ros (or Lizzie/Nick).
- 9-10 min Group off-road with Mike B
- 11+ min Group off-road with Angela
- 5k Group with Rebecca
- The Walking Group
Don’t forget that, if you are a Group Leader the Club has phones you can borrow – every Group should have at least one mobile phone with them just in case someone in your Group needs assistance.
Even though we don’t ask you for money on a Club night we still need you to sign in – just so we know how many people we have and as a check if we think we have lost anyone! PLEASE SIGN IN ON A THURSDAY.
An interesting fact…..Our current Membership stands at 172 – 87 Female & 85 Male!
The results of last week’s Handicap are not available yet as Nick is away on holiday – look out for the results on the website when Nick is back.
- Sun Sept 9th: Oldbury 10 Mile Event (OPS10) incorporating the Avon 10 Mile Championships. John Watt & Justin Taylor have to get about 70 volunteers to help with this event so please let John or Justin know if you can help. This is a sold out event (again) and we can look forward to welcoming 400 runners from around the area. – there is also a waiting list with 60 people on it.
- Sun Nov 25th: We are doing a repeat of last year’s successful day out to the ‘Bicton Blister’. Pete is organising a coach & lunch again. This will be on a first come first served basis and numbers are limited so get your name down asap (list opens Thursday night.)
- TRC Race Championships 2018
- 5. Woodchester Park 10k Sun 2nd Sept. Entries open £8
In advance of the OPS10 we need a taskforce to check out the race equipment and the signs down at the Farm – suggested date is Sat 4th August for an hour at 11.00 if you can help it would be appreciated.
One final note, we have 172 Members but only 44 of you have opted to join England Athletics (EA).
- If you are not registered with EA you may have to pay the Race Entry supplements for ‘Unattached’ runners.
- You need to be EA registered to run the cross country events if you want to count as part of the Thornbury Team. You will also need to wear a new style Thornbury vest to count.
- It is not too late to join EA for 2018/19 – see Angela Bushell.
Note: If you are not a current TRC Member this will probably be the last e-mail Newsletter you will get. To rejoin please see Angela Bushell.
That is everything this week.