Normal Groups Thursday….all off-road (see the note below)
- 7 min Group as normal
- 8 min Group off-road with Ros
- 9-10 min Group off-road with Mike B
- 11+ min Group off-road with Hugh
- 5k Group with Rebecca or Pete
- The Walking Group
One of our Members e-mailed in to say that she had picked up a tick last Thursday when running the off-road route – everyone going off road needs to be aware of what to do if you find a tick has attached itself to you… https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/lyme-disease/
We have new leaders of the TRC Championships after the Bradley Stoke 10k last Sunday. In the men’s category Nick Langridge has now taken over and has an unassailable lead in the age related category but can still be beaten for the club championship. And with Mike Bennewitz now in second place it’s up to Dylan Roberts, Paul Harrod and Paul Thomas to turn out at Woodchester and stop the pensioners from sweeping the board. In the women’s race Colette Jackson and Clare Watt also had a close race with Colette prevailing by a handful of seconds to come in first for the club and taking over the leadership of the championship. (Don’t forget it is your best 3 events that count and there is one round left – Woodchester Park in Sept)
Even though we don’t ask you for money on a Club night we still need you to sign in – just so we know how many people we have and as a check if we think we have lost anyone! PLEASE SIGN IN ON A THURSDAY.
- Saturday 30th June. Cotswold Way Relay – TRC entering 4 Teams of 10 people. Mike Bennewitz and Judy Mills are organising – see the separate post on the website earlier this week. We still need a few more people!
- Saturday 30th June. TRC Summer Party at Cathy & Rob’s Farm. An event for all TRC Members including the Cotswold Way after-party from 19.00. BYO food and drink, picnic blanket & chairs. BBQ again like at Wattys last year. We are keeping it simple and informal this year as some people will be coming in late direct from the Cotswold way. Please add your name to the list on Thursday so we know how many are to be expected.
- Tuesday 3rd July. Please help publicise the second ‘Introductory Course for New Runners’ 6 week course scheduled to start Tuesday 3rd July. The last course was highly successful with 9 of the 12 participants now club members. We already have 4 people signed up and keen to get more. Please tell your friends, neighbors and colleagues to contact email@example.com for more details and a registration form. If you would like a poster for work or local shop please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thurs 5th July. TRC night at the Rockhampton Fun Run and BBQ afterwards at the old Cricket Field. (see Rob)
- Thurs 12th July. The Thornbury 10k. Ros & Kevin are still looking for volunteers to help with this event. Please give your name to Ros or Kevin Cundy if you can help with Marshalling. If you fancy checking out the 10k course then the Km points are all marked out on the roads.
- TRC Race Championships 2018
- 5. Woodchester Park 10k Sun 2nd Sept. Entries open £8
That’s all this week.