The next beginners group starts on Tuesdays in April 2018 at 7 pm from Thornbury Leisure Centre. If you can run a few hundred metres (yes, even slowly!), you can try it. The course will run until end of September and you can join any time during the first 4 weeks of the course. By the end of the course we hope that you will be able to run/walk 5km and if you may wish take part in the new Thornbury Park Run . All ages welcome but athletes under 18 much be accompanied by a running adult. Please tell your friends and family.
Contact Craig (click) by email you want to take part. Or come along on an earlier Tuesday at 6:50 pm to ask.
- You’ll meet with us once a week as a group (accompanied by Thornbury Running Club members) for 4 weeks, building up the distance up to 5km.
- Sessions will last no longer than 60mins
- Dietary and nutrition advice is included, and also advice on injury prevention
- Sessions will be run by a qualified British Athletics coach
- Sessions are free, but we’d like you to join the club afterwards.
Hurry, numbers are limited to a maximum of 20 people.
The beginners group typically keeps going on Tuesday after the course, either for company or for those that can’t make the Thursday club night. See “what we do” for an overview of club activitites.