The Fees for 2018 will be decided at the AGM in January 2018 and the membership form will then be available here.
In order to join Thornbury Running Club or renew membership you will need to fill in the application form above. Send the form to the Club Secretary, Angela Bushell, and a cheque or online payment may be made, following instructions on the form.
Membership fees are due at the beginning of the year. Late renewal after February incurs a late payment penalty and no application for the club place into next year’s London Marathon.
If you are a new member joining part way through the year you may be subject to a reduced, proportional fee – ask the Club Secretary for details.
If you join after September, then you pay the full fee but get membership for the whole of the next year included, i.e. up to 15 months.
Club membership entitles you to discounts from some local running shops – ask them, or other club members, for details. Present your club shirt, or membership letter or ask the secretary for a card if proof is required. (Cards are not issued routinely to everyone to cut down on admin.)
EA membership allows the club to get guaranteed London Marathon places which members can apply for if they fail the public ballot. See the Rule 8 in Rules and Constitution, under committee.
Individual EA membership (which starts annually in April) entitles members to benefits (see EA website for more) The race and equipment discounts alone can cover the club and EA fees :
- Entry to events exclusively available to registered athletes – under UKA Rules for Competition many competitions, particularly track and field, are only open to registered athletes.
- Entry discounts (minimum £2) on UKA licensed road and multi-terrain events.
- ebulletins including key information on the sport and exclusive registered athlete offers. You can ensure your email address and mailing preferences are up to date at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete
- The ability to have a say on how the sport is run and funded in a way that reflects your fundamental importance to the sport
- Opportunities for you, (and at times your club or your school) to get involved in exclusive events and experiences in association with British Athletics
- Your registration fee helps make a difference to many areas of the sport
- Exclusive offers – We work with partners including New Balance, InterContinental Hotels Group, Sweatshop and Bupa to provide registered athletes with exclusive offers and vouchers for money off.
Some of these can be accessed via the benefits page at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete. Others are sent by email so ensure your contact details are up to date and you have opted to receive information!
- Entry in the Great Run Club Challenge competition in the Great Run Events