2018 membership prices and details have now been agreed at the AGM. Membership is due on April 1st of each year. See below for more details and about England Athletics benefits. Note that you should use the form to check or change your contact details.
Please pay your annual membership by MID MARCH.
In order to join Thornbury Running Club or renew membership you will need to fill in the 2018 Membership Application Form here . Send the form to the Club Secretary, Angela Bushell, and a cheque or online payment may be made, following instructions on the form.
The club will again subsidise England Athletics fees (£15 down to £10) which also start on 1st April. See more about the EA benefits below.
Existing members re-joining pay the new fee (£25 full adult member) and it is payable on April 1st 2018 and valid until April 1st 2019 (i.e. a ‘holiday’ period of 3 months, January to March 2018). The £1 weekly Thursday sub will continue until the end of March for existing members, but is then included in the Annual Fee.
Late renewal, after the end of May, incurs a late payment penalty and no application for the club place into next year’s London Marathon.
New joiners, once they have had up to 4 weeks free, pay the new fee (£25). They pay now and their membership is valid until April 1st 2019.
After April 1st, you can join part way through the year at a reduced, proportional fee. However if you join late in the membership year, after 1st January 2019, then you pay the full fee but get membership for the whole of the next year included, i.e. up to 15 months. Ask the Club Secretary for details.
Club membership offers many benefits – see the What it Involves, Benefits page. The main benefit of course is to run or improve your running with like minded people, and enjoy some social events with tem. Plus you can easily recoups your membership fee if you use some of the discounts available to club members.
Optional England Athletics membership and benefits:
On our membership form you can opt to join EA, and the club will subsidise it. EA membership allows the club to get guaranteed London Marathon places which members can apply for if they fail the public ballot. See the Rule 8 in Rules and Constitution, under committee.
Individual EA membership (which starts annually in April) entitles members to benefits (see EA website for more) The race and equipment discounts alone can cover the club and EA fees. Here are some benefits, but check their website :
- Entry to events exclusively available to registered athletes – under UKA Rules for Competition many competitions, particularly track and field, are only open to registered athletes.
- Entry discounts (minimum £2) on UKA licensed road and multi-terrain events.
- ebulletins including key information on the sport and exclusive registered athlete offers. You can ensure your email address and mailing preferences are up to date at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete
- The ability to have a say on how the sport is run and funded in a way that reflects your fundamental importance to the sport
- Opportunities for you, (and at times your club or your school) to get involved in exclusive events and experiences in association with British Athletics
- Your registration fee helps make a difference to many areas of the sport
- Exclusive offers – We work with partners including New Balance, InterContinental Hotels Group, Sweatshop and Bupa to provide registered athletes with exclusive offers and vouchers for money off.
Some of these can be accessed via the benefits page at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete. Others are sent by email so ensure your contact details are up to date and you have opted to receive information!
- Entry in the Great Run Club Challenge competition in the Great Run Events