2018 membership prices and details have now been agreed at the AGM. Membership is due on April 1st of each year. See the Join or Renew page for the 2018 application form and more details about England Athletics benefits. Note that you should use the form to check or change your contact details.
Benefits of Membership …
The main benefit is that you get to run, train, improve yourself and join in with other like minded souls (idiots?) in the wonderful world of club running. You will find other people of your own level and aspirations, be introduced to new routes and events that you never knew about before and generally enjoy the exhilaration, companionship and humour in just getting out and running.
Not so keen on running?! Well, we have Club social events, some with free food or reductions, for example curry nights, and Christmas and Summer Parties.
If that is not enough, there are good financial reasons to join and easily recoup your membership fee:
- Up to 3 days/week where you can join in with organised sessions led by UK Athletics qualified leaders
- Access to TRC UK Athletics qualified coaches
- Discover new and exciting off road local routes
- The safety of running in a group (especially on dark winter nights)
- Discounted entry into on certain events (*England Athletic (EA) membership may also be required) e.g. Cross Country and Club Championship nominated events
- Discount on English Athletic and British Triathlon Association membership
- Entry into club handicap events with prizes
- Discount off gym membership at Active Fit
- Discount at various sports shops (typically the discount on one pair of new running shoes almost covers your membership fee!)
- Invitation to club social events (often subsidised)
- Access to great value quality club kit
- Tea, squash & biscuits on Thursday nights!
The following organisations have offered discount to TRC Members in the past:
- MOTI – 49 Whiteladies Rd, Bristol BS8 2LS
- Ellis Brigham – 160 Whiteladies Rd, Bristol BS8 2XZ
- Easy Runner – 6 Horfield Rd, Avon, Bristol BS2 8EA
- Up and Running – 38 North View, Westbury Park, Bristol BS6 7QA
- Thornbury Leisure Centre – Alveston Hill, Thornbury BS35 3JB
- Ray Sunnucks (Physiotherapy treatment)
- Johnson & Furze (Optician) – 7 Chapel St, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 2BJ
- We do not have any formal agreements with the organisations listed above, so please check before making your purchase to ensure that the % is still available.
- You do not need a Membership Car to receive the %, simply say you are a member and they might ask you an easy question about the club.
- If you find other organisation willing to offer a TRC % please e-mail email@example.com and they will be added to the list for everyone’s benefit
- Other retailers are available!