Thurs 23rd Nov – Under Pete’s leadership we are all going out in one Group tonight for a change.
• Bicton Blister this Sunday 26th Nov. There is one spare place on the coach if anyone else wants to go on the trip – please contact Pete asap. Meet at 08.00 at the Leisure Centre. If anyone can’t go or is going to be late please contact Pete on 07890 403 328. Don’t forget – no showers!
• January 5th Party – please give your Menu choices & the balance of £23 per person to Suzy Cundy by Thursday 30th Nov.(Suzy has the Menu choices slips)
• Thornbury parkrun. We had 337 finishers for the inaugural parkrun last Saturday. I’ve been and had a look at the Mundy PF and the ground stood up to the test quite well – not too cut-up!. Don’t forget that there will be a Thornbury parkrun every Saturday at 09.00 from now on. Give it a go and try and better David Awde’s course record of 17.49!
The parkrun schedule over Xmas and the New Year will be published soon but check out how you can volunteer to be a parkrun helper over the Festive period.
• The Riverbank Rollick is approaching (Sun 14th January) and we are looking for volunteers to help on the day. We expect those who helped last year to do so again but any new volunteers would be welcomed. See Jo Plumbley in the first instance if you can help. Entries are now closed – we have 400 entries and are full!
• Just so you all know – The Oldbury Fun Run will NOT take place in 2018. This due to lack of local volunteers to organize it.
• Club London Marathon place. If you have received a NO to your London Marathon application you can apply for the Club place. Just e-mail the Secretary by 29 November notifying her that you wish to be considered (this has to be by e-mail so we have a trail) email@example.com
London Marathon place Rules: Preference shall be given to a person:
1. who is a fully paid up member of the Club for at least 2 years prior to application;
2. whose application through the normal channels was rejected;
3. who has not previously competed in the London Marathon;
4. who has not been the recipient of a Club place;
5. who is a regular active member of the Club (attending Club Nights etc.);
6. who is considered to have made the greater contribution to Club activities (athletic, social or organisational), preferably within the preceding Club year;
7. if any remaining applicants have previously participated in the London Marathon) who has competed least recently.
8. If the above stages fail to differentiate between applicants, any remaining places shall be allocated by drawing lots (see Note 2).
1.All applications will be scrutinised by a Sub-Committee consisting of three Committee members, including the Club Captain, Race Director and one other, but excluding any member who has a direct personal or family interest in the allocation of entries.
2. At Stage 8 (above), the remaining applicants may, if they all agree, choose to use any mutually acceptable method of selection.
That’s all for now, happy & safe running!