Welcome to Thornbury Running Club. We meet on Thursday, 7 pm, in Thornbury Leisure Centre and runners of all types are welcome, from walking speed upwards.
There are coaching sessions from the Leisure Centre car park on Tuesdays at 7pm.
Club annual membership fees are now due: £15 for an individual plus a recommended option for England Athletics. See the membership page.
Well done those that ran the Riverbank Rollick. For results and photos look here, or on Facebook, or FullonSport .
This year we have introduced a very special set of medals for runners who complete any of the three races that the club organises. All three form a set. We think they look terrific and those who complete the Rollick can start their collection!
Next races: Thornbury 10k on 13th July and Oldbury Power 10 miler on 3rd September.
Time to renew your TRC Membership for 2017. Annual subscriptions have been fixed yet again at £15 for a standard Member.
If you want to add England Athletics Membership it is another £8 (£5 subsidised by the Club as the EA Fees are now £13/yr)
Check here for the 2017 Member form that needs to be completed by everyone. (both new & returning Members)
You can pay online but please make sure you get your completed form to Angela Bushell so we can keep track of who has joined/re-joined.
- This Thursday is with your leaders Mike Willis & Emma Barnes.(with assistance from Angela Bushell & Arthur Renshaw) Pete will be back in April to finish organizing the Club Champs and the new Beginners Group (see below) and hopefully he will then be free of injury and be able to run again.
- Tuesday nights ‘efforts’ sessions (19.00 top car park at the Leisure Centre) will continue to be looked after by Craig with assistance from Sonya Bryson in Pete’s absence.
- TRC Race Championships 2017. This will be a series of 5 nominated 10k(-ish) events between May & Sept and to qualify you have to run at least 3 of the 5. Scoring will be as we do for the Cross Country and there will be magnificent prizes to win!. Enter the Races directly yourself and the Club will sort out a % subsidy at the end of the season. The first three races in May/June are on the Activity Calendar on the website. – The Bluebell Blunder & the Berkeley 10k are in May, the Bradley Stoke 10k in June. Pete will sort out the other 2 nominated races on his return.
- A new Beginners Group (couch to 5k) is being planned for Tuesday evenings starting in April. Watch this space for more info but if you know of anyone who may be interested let them know we will be starting a Group in April. Pete may even join this group after his enforced long lay-off!
- We need one more Swimmer for the TRC Team in the Swimathon on Sunday 5th March 19.15 – if you fancy a go please see Arthur Renshaw.
- Have you got your order in for the new Club kit? Kevin Cundy is still collecting orders this week.
- We are in the process of seeing if we can find a suitable 5k course for a local ‘Park Run’ – if you have any ideas and/or want to help then please see Arthur Renshaw.
- Remember, if you want to see your Race results on the TRC Website and in the Thornbury Gazette then please send them in by Sunday night to Matt Johnstone ([email protected]) AND to John Grimsey ([email protected])
- ParkRuns: Chipping Sodbury: Richard Jackson 21.09; Nicola Davies 22.09 (PB).
- DBMax Castle Combe Chilly (well actually bloody cold) Duathlon. Paul Clark 55.45 ; Arthur Renshaw 64.12
Rather belated report, results and standings from the 4th Gwent League fixture at muddy Newport – due to Gwent League only having released the results this evening – are now available here http://www.thornburyrunningclub.co.uk/?page_id=16458
Ros has been going looooong again! Thames Trot 50 this time, in 10h12min. Most importantly 1st in her age group!!
4 women from TRC braved ‘Lions, Tigers and Bears’ to run the Longleat 10km. Jo Williams 52:33, Cathy Watkins 1:00:35, Suzy Cundy 1:04:28 and Magda Johnson 1:09:35.
The usual suspects were Park Running last weekend. Two results need a mention. Moray Sloan (20:03) and Mick Stirrup (25:07) both ran P.B.s!!
If you want to see your Race results on the TRC Website and in the Thornbury Gazette then please send them in by Sunday night to Matt Johnstone ([email protected]) AND to John Grimsey (john.[email protected])
If you are interested in qualifying to lead one of TRC’s Groups on a Tuesday or a Thursday please make yourself known to Craig, Captain Pete or Arthur who will provide further information.
TRC AGM on Thursday 2nd Feb 20.30 at the Leisure Centre after our usual Thursday night run. All TRC Members are invited so please turn up and support your Club.
- TRC’s hard-man Rob Hopkins did the final original Tough Guy last Sunday and came about 300th out of 5,000 entries.
- ParkRuns: Gloucester Kingsway: Moray Sloan 21.05. Chipping Sodbury: Paul Thomas 19.50, Garry Slater 20.01, Kevin Arnold in his 100th Parkrun 21.32, Mick Stirrup 31.09.
- If you want to see your Race results on the TRC Website and in the Thornbury Gazette then please send them in by Sunday night to Matt Johnstone ([email protected]) AND to John Grimsey (john.[email protected])
- If you are interested in qualifying to lead one of TRC’s Groups on a Tuesday or a Thursday please make yourself known to Captain Pete Mainstone or Arthur Renshaw who will provide further information.
I’m away next week doing some warm weather training so no web posting from me.
Don’t forget we don’t have use of the Leisure Centre this Thursday- come changed & meet in top Car Park at the usual time. (19.00)
- Pete M is off to New Zealand in Feb so whilst he is away Emma Barnes and Mike Willis will be standing in – I’m sure they can rely on help from other Club Members if necessary!
- AGM Thurs 2nd Feb after our usual Thursday night run. There is a final TRC Committee Meeting this Thursday so if anyone has any ideas to put forward then let any Committee Member know on Thursday before during or after our run.
- Swimathon – we have two full Teams now. Thanks.
- I have no Race Results as yet but I know 10 TRC Members did the Doynton Hard Half on Sunday and were led home by an ‘injured’ Rob Watkins and the ladies by Jo Plumbley.